Along with Chimney sweeping and Inspections, here are some of the other services we offer:
- Chimney pot replacement/repairs
- Sometimes during our sweeps/inspections we notice that there can be damage to the chimney pot or the cement around the pots, when this happens your pots can start to sway and can eventually cause damage to your stack or even worse come off in high winds. At Wallace sweeps we can provide and fit new chimney pots for you.
- Chimney pot Cowls fitted/replaced
- At Wallace Sweeps we can advise and fit the best type of cowl for your specific situation.
- Bird nest removal
- Sometimes birds will nest on top or inside your chimney. Signs of nesting are twigs at the bottom of the chimney, a lot of activity around the pot, Bird noises coming from your flue. If you suspect nesting do not try to burn it out as this can be dangerous and fill your house with dangerous smoke. Call Wallace Sweeps as soon as you notice any of these signs and we can perform a full inspection and removal for you. If birds keep continuing to nest in your chimney, we would always advise to fit a suitable cowl after this to prevent further blockagaes. Please be advised that the birds nest will be left with the customer for disposal.
Please note that we do not remove nests from the middle of March until the end of August as it is an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act to destroy or remove a nest while it is in use.
- Tar removal
- Our power sweeping equipment is designed to allow us to remove heavy tar deposits in both lined and unlined chimneys.
- Capping and uncapping chimneys
- Removing old caps or capping unused chimneys.
- Stove Servicing
- Replace Fire Bricks, Rope Seals And Glass
- Free smoke test
- We perform a free smoke test with all of our services to fully check the condition of your chimney after work has been conducted.